Sunday, April 24, 2011

You

I've known you since last September, in our very own university.
You're considered as a late-comer so I guided you through some simple procedures since we're both taking the same course.
We had lunch together for several times and shared our stories.
It was great to talk to you.
You then started to ask me questions about lectures and tutorials.
I understand that you missed out some lessons so it's out of my courtesy and kindness to answer each of your questions and teach you to solve problems that you dunno.
You then called me almost everyday.
We're different.
I don't do my homework unless they're my favourite subjects and/or the day before the discussion.
Thanks to you, I forced myself to complete the work to answer your questions.

I even told everyone that thanks to you, I spent only 6 hours in the midnight of the deadline to complete the assignment.
I remember for that very assignment, you're desperate in need for me to clear your doubts but I told myself I had done my best to explain everything to you and I didn't owe you anything.
So I rejected your calls.
When I finally answered your call while I was in the middle of something, I told you that I needed to finish my stuff before I could help you.
'Faster! I wanna finish it now!' was what you told me.
Hello?! I needed time to finish my own work also. Didn't you have any other options than coming to me?
Yeah. You turned to others. And those others came back to me and told me you're really desperate to even look for them.

During study week, you constantly called me up to check on me, whether I had started studying or not.
When I told you the truth, that I hadn't started studying although exam was just few days ahead, 'You don't crap la you!' was what you replied.
So I even came to a point to think that you're an evil woman, that wanna stop me from studying so that I don't do well for my finals.

I've tried my very best to treat you better, as in not shouting at you or being emotional (raising my voice) when you're doing/asking something that I'm not comfortable with.
I've tried thinking from your point of view. Maybe you purely wanna work very hard, desperate for help and the only way you know is to get help from friends.
However, no matter how bad I treat you (said by others), you're still very thick-skin to continue seeking for my help.
Thank you for treating me as your friend (if you really do).
Thank you for being tolerance.
I've tried thinking from your point of view. Maybe you think I still have the value of being used.
You still need my help so you can't afford to treat me badly.

I tell myself that from now on, I need to train and increase my EQ.
I gotta tolerate.
I gotta treat your questions and queries calmly and with a smile.
This is a promise to myself :)
No matter what you have in your mind, I'm gonna think that helping friends is a way of being kind.

*Even if you're reading this, I don't mind because I actually hope you know how I think about you. But, it's quite a fat chance as my university friends dunno the url of my blog and I display it nowhere in the cyberworld. I even disabled Google from letting others to discover my blog. The only way you can know this blog's url is through mutual friends that have this link saved on their blog and they are not Notts.

No comments: